A Happy Father’s Day to all the dads and surrogate dads out there. This year is a tough one for me because its my first since my dad passed away in December. As in past years, I am focusing my post on dads of daughters. With the reboot its hard to find five fathers of anyone in the DCU. But I did find some dads worthy of noting so here we go
5. Bruce Wayne of Earth 2 - we only saw him for a few pages before he died but his speech to his daughter, Helena, as he faced death gets him a place on this list.
4. Alberto Reyes - The father of Jaime (the Blue Beetle) and Milagro (future Green Lantern) who is willing to throw down when need be for his kids.
3. Animal Man - Maxine and Cliff may have been through some freaky experiences but they are lucky enough to have two of the best parents in the DCU - Buddy and Ellen Baker.
2. Jake Kane - He’s not perfect; he probably should have told Kate that her sister was alive but other than that Colonel Kane is tops at fatherhood supporting his daughter through the good times and the bad.
1. Is there any question who is going to the number one dad? Pre-Crisis, Post-Crisis, flashbacks, Elseworlds, New52 - doesn’t matter where or when there is not Dad as supportive and proud of his daughter than James Gordon.
My dad was my Jim Gordon.
So if have a dad or someone who like a dad to you who you love and they love you, wish them a Happy Father’s Day.
I was gonna be SO MAD if Jim Gordon wasn’t on this list. :)